I have begun planning our first advertising campaign. Andrew Griffith’s book makes a number of helpful points.
1. Keep your advertising simple – have one message.
2. Make sure your advertisement is seen numerous times, ideally in different formats/ locations.
3. Use a call to action, including how and when this should be responded to.
4. For start ups, your budget should be approximately 10% of turnover, for ongoing business, target 5%.
5. Analyse the success of your campaign.
6. Make sure your ad stands out in the right place.
Obviously there is a lot more material in the book but this is what I found helpful for my particular situation. Always great to be reading an Australian author too!
So keep your eyes out for our ads in the Joondalup/ Wanneroo Times (local paper) in July. Also poster and leaflet should be flying around and landing in various places.
No idea what sort of response we will get – but we are in there having a go. Will let you know!